- 2 seasoned pork sausages
- Mince Beef
- 1 Large Potato
- 2 Tbsps Parmesan
- 1 Tsp Dry Oregano
- Small Bunch of Fresh Parsley
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Courgette
- 1 Tin Tomatoes
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 3 Tbsps Breadcrumbs
Time: 30-40 mins
- Boil a small pot of water for the potatoes.
- Peel and chop potato roughly into 3cm cubes.
- Boil the potato for around 10 mins (so they’re soft enough to mash)
- Drain and mash them thoroughly
- Peel and crush the garlic before finely dicing it.
- Remove the core from the pepper then chop it lengthways into strips.
- Chop the very top and bottom from the courgette then slice in half lengthways.
- Slice in half lengthways another 2 times before chopping widthways into 3cm cubes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick pan (medium-high heat).
- Once hot, stir fry the peppers and courgettes in batches then remove (cooking in batches will brown of the ingredients rather than stewing them).
- Once cooked, season with a good pinch of salt and pepper!
- In the same pan heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat.
- Once hot add 1 and half cloves of garlic and cook for a minute before adding the tinned tomatoes.
- Add 1/4 tablespoon of salt and 1/4 tablespoon of sugar (if you have some. But I left it out – it was fine).
- After a few mins add back in the cooked vegetables and simmer until thick
- Cut open the sausage skin and remove the spiced pork.
- Mix this together with the remaining half clove of diced garlic and the beef mince.
- Add in the oregano, mashed potato and just over 1/4 tablespoon of salt.
- Finally, add the permesan and 1 and half tablespoon of chopped parsley and mix thoroughly.
- Roll the meatballs into balls slightly smaller than a golf ball.
- Roll the meatballs in the bread crumbs to thoroughly coat them.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Heat 1 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat
- Once hot, gently add in the meatballs and brown off on all sides for around 3 mins
- Transfer the partially cooked meatballs to a baking tray and cook in the oven for 10 mins
- Test your ratatouille for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve the meatballs on top of your ratatouille with a sprinkle of parsley
- Accept applause from dinner guests.